Push Pin Graphic, No. 41. Push Pin Studios, Milton Glaser, Ralph R. Freenson, designer, text.
Push Pin Graphic, No. 41
Push Pin Graphic, No. 41
Push Pin Graphic, No. 41
Push Pin Graphic, No. 41

Push Pin Graphic, No. 41. Emotional Involvement

New York: Push Pin Studios, 1963. Quarto, publisher's stapled illustrated paper wraps.

1963 issue of Push Pin Graphic featuring Glaser's experiments with die-cuts and different colored pages that when layered creates graphic flowers. Published in support of the Pacifica Foundation. The original Push Pin Studio was founded in 1954 by four Cooper Union graduates, Milton Glaser, Seymour Chwast, Reynold Ruffins, and Edward Sorel, but quickly expanded as they took on more clients. Masters of self-promotion, their influence was pervasive throughout the 1960s and 1970s. Though the collective designed countless advertisements, book jackets, posters, and other paraphernalia over the course of its lifetime, Push Pin’s authorship is most evident in its long running flagship publication, the Push Pin Graphic (and its predecessor the Push Pin Almanack). Though the Graphic’s primary purpose was to publicize the studio, it became an experimental space free of client demands and politics. This allowed for full creative autonomy, from the content to the layout, the illustrations and the choice of campaigns themselves. Rubbing to wraps with small abrasion to upper wrap. Very good. Item #4092

$50.00